Many of our doctors perform minor surgical procedures, under local anaesthetic, within our well appointed dedicated treatment rooms.
Our patients appreciate the convenience of treatment at a time that suits them. Further, our clinics offer our patients easy access, and a quick return to home or work.
All procedures are undertaken with hospital standard attention to equipment, sterilisation practices and protocols. Moreover, your doctor will take great care in explaining the character of your procedure and any follow-on treatment required. In addition, your doctor will explain the procedure, answer all your questions, and set out any associated out-of-pocket expenses.
You will be asked to sign a consent form confirming your agreement to the procedure.
For example, our GPs can perform a range of minor procedures including:
- Long acting reversible contraception (contraceptive device insertion and removal)
- Triage and suturing of wounds and lacerations
- Biopsy and excision of skin lesions
- Cryotherapy (freezing) of warts, sun spots, and skin tags
- Plastering and plaster removal for fractures
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Resection of ingrown toe nails
- Excision of cyst
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Cosmetic medicine that improve a person’s physical appearance for aesthetic reasons
Meanwhile, our practice nurses support our surgical patients during the procedure, and will address any questions you have during your recovery.
In conclusion, if you require a minor procedure or would like more information, please contact us.